Hall Of Fame Inductees
The individuals nominated should have made a significant impact or positive influence that assures the future of our industry in the lives of generations to come.
Once nominated, an individual’s biography and photo are updated on the site, and he or she is placed in the polls for voting. At the end of the year the committee takes into consideration the votes and decides which candidates are inducted.
Those with a star (*) next to their name below were either inducted posthumously or have passed away since being inducted.
- Person with integrity and passion
- Minimum 20 years in industry
- Someone who has developed or invented new technology
- Has made contributions that resulted in change
- Contributed to mankind’s needs in his field
- Provided education and encouragement with self-sacrifice
- Changed the industry
Ted Byrne is responsible for providing sales, service, and support to golf professionals throughout the Inland Empire. With 38 years of experience in all phases of irrigation, including 19 years as the owner of Oasis Irrigation Supply, Ted is well-versed in irrigation system design, installation, and troubleshooting.
Ted specializes in golf course construction and design, as well as drainage design solutions on greens and tee boxes, but also has a stong background in both sales and management, having handled over 100 million dollars in irrigation sales over the years. As a member of Ewing’s Golf Sales Team, he can provide you with the products and service required to complete your job on time. An avid golfer for over 50 years with a five handicap, Ted enjoys playing golf and traveling in his motor home up and down the California coast. Ted brings a wealth of knowledge to any golf or irrigation project. He has always said, “If you can play the game like a pro, then selling the products and service is like making a birdie on every hole.”
He looks forward to bringing together Ewing’s strength and his expertise to help you succeed in every project you tackle together.
Education and Certifications:
- El Camino College, Torrance, CA; received an associate’s degree in business management
- Officers Candidate School, Fort Benning, GA; served in the United States Army for four years Association Involvement
- Golf Course Superintendents Association of America (GCSAA), member, Southern California chapter
- California Landscape Contractors Association, associate member, Inland Empire chapter
- United States Golf Association (USGA), member
- Irrigation Association (IA), member