Hall Of Fame Inductees
The individuals nominated should have made a significant impact or positive influence that assures the future of our industry in the lives of generations to come.
Once nominated, an individual’s biography and photo are updated on the site, and he or she is placed in the polls for voting. At the end of the year the committee takes into consideration the votes and decides which candidates are inducted.
Those with a star (*) next to their name below were either inducted posthumously or have passed away since being inducted.
- Person with integrity and passion
- Minimum 20 years in industry
- Someone who has developed or invented new technology
- Has made contributions that resulted in change
- Contributed to mankind’s needs in his field
- Provided education and encouragement with self-sacrifice
- Changed the industry
As for a bio, we would prefer to keep it simple, as Mr. Boething would have liked. He was not one for personal attention. He was born on January 6, 1918. He passed away in 2007 at the age of 89. Along with his wife, Susan Boething, John founded Boething Treeland Farms in 1952 on 35 acres in Woodland Hills, CA, and continued to operate and oversee the business until his passing. He grew the business into one of the largest wholesale growers of ornamental shrubs and trees in the west.